No RSS feed added
Solar Pump Kit For Bores, Wells, Dams, Creeks, etc.
SAVE MONEY ON PANELS - A Solar Bore Pump requires minimum Solar Panels compared to a normal electric bore pump, saving you money!
Get an exclusive discount on you AdvantagePumps solar pump by buying it throgh Advantage Power via our special agreement.
These pumps are not just for bores and wells, but can be installed vertically or floated horizontally in Dams, Creeks, etc. making them very versatile. The kits can be purchased with or without a Solafied® solar power system. If you just need a solar system for an existing pump click here.
How the Solar Pump Works
The SubDrive Solar system provides water in remote applications where electrical grid power is either unreliable or unavailable.
The system pumps water using a high-voltage DC power source such as an array of solar panels. Since the sun is only available during certain hours of the day and only in good weather conditions, the water is generally pumped into a storage tank.
Two level switches can be installed inside the tank to regulate the water level. A flow switch detects if flow is below critical levels while the pump is still running. This serves as an indication that the well/ bore has run dry, or that insufficient power is available to continue pumping. The system will shut down to protect the pump and motor until the well/bore, or adequate electric power, has recovered.
The SubDrive Solar controller runs at variable speeds to match the changing power available from the PV solar array. Variable speed operation means there is no in-rush or surge of energy during the pump/motor start-up, helping to eliminate wear on the motor and pumping system. A leading cause of pump motor failure is the stress applied to the motor during a full voltage start-up. The SubDrive Solar variable speed operation ramps up the speed smoothly, which eliminates starting stress. This feature enhances long-term motor reliability.
The SubDrive SolarPAK is the System Solution to your Solar Pumping requirements. Using Franklin quality components, technical expertise in groundwater pumping, and innovative thinking based on global market inputs, Franklin have developed a rugged, high-output system which tackles the challenges of remote and harsh environments.
No other system delivers the features, benefits and reliability of SubDrive SolarPAK in just one package!
- Franklin Electric 4” submersible motor
- Franklin Electric 4” Solar pump
- Control Box with Auto Switching to AC Generator
- Flow Switch with 10m cable
- Variety of flow rates available in: 18, 25, 30, 45, 70, 100, 150 and 270 LPM
- Motor and Drive ratings available in 0.55, 1.1 and 2.2kW
Built-in Diagnostics and Protection
The SubDrive Solar QuickPAK products include diagnostic features and built-in protection from potentially harmful conditions.
- Locked Pump
- Open Circuit
- Short Circuit
- Overheated Controller
- Dry Run
- Reverse Polarity
- High flow system for faster tank filling and significant water output
- Proven motor and pump technology and reliability
- Robust IP55, NEMA 3 drive enclosure minimizes impact of wildlife, insects, dust and weather
- DC and AC power inputs with auto-switching to generator back-up
- Seven segment controller display shows real-time watts and system status
- Remote telemetry capability through a RS-485 continuous data port
- MPPT – Max Power Point Tracking for maximizing efficiency of input power
- Soft start feature prevents water hammer and increases the life of the system
- Allows use of new solar array to retrofit to existing array (subject to size and performance check)
- Simple installation and no required maintenance
- Built-in diagnostic and protection
- C-tick and UL approved
- OBSERVANT™ compatible for remote access and control
Solar Pump Selection
Pump selection is different with solar pumps than electric pumps. To select a solar pump you need to know the following:
- Your Location in Australia – To calculate the average daylight hours where you are pumping.
- Output Requirements - The Volume of Water that you need per day or the Flow Rate in LPM.
- Input Requirements – The Total Dynamic Head (Fill in the form below). Please be aware that the Total Dynamic Head is not just the depth that the pump is set down the bore or well. It is a combination of the Static Head, Pipe Friction Loss and Discharge Pressure.
With this information, a Solar Pump can be selected, which will be a 0.55kw, a 1.1kw or a 2.2kw model depending on your requirements.
Please fill in the Advantage Pumps Obligation Free Expression of Interest Form and I can let you know which pump would suit your needs, along with your EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT for using the Advantage Power website.
STILL TO BE ADDED BY WEBSITE DEVELOPER: Obligation Free Expression of Interest Form
If you are keen to move ahead, please complete our Obligation Free Expression of Interest Form to discuss details further with a Solafied® representative.
Images: The images used in this site are used as a representation and MAY differ from actual image subject.
Specifications: While we have tried to be as accurate as practical with the information we present to you, there may however be some minor inconsistencies that we are not aware of.